Getting around Gijon
Gijón is a relatively small city, so you will be able to get around without many complications. Find out where to park for free and much more.
The best way to get around Gijón is on foot, except for some quite remote places. We explain all the available options:
- On foot: you can explore Gijón at your own pace and discover its streets and squares on foot. It's a nice and healthy way to get around and allows you to see things you might not see if you were driving.
- By bus: public transport in Gijón is managed by EMTUSA. There is a network of buses that run through the city and its surroundings, and there are stops at various points in the city, as well as in the most touristy areas.
- By taxi: a much more expensive option than the rest but more comfortable.
- By bike: Gijón has a network of bike lanes that allow you to move around the city in a sustainable and comfortable way. There are several points to rent bicycles for free and for a fee.
- By car: if you prefer to get around by car, you can rent one from one of the car rental companies available in Gijón (Guppy and Hi Mobility). If you use your own vehicle, you have to take into account that traffic and parking can be difficult in some areas of the city.
We expand the information:
We show you how to get around Gijón by car, where to park for free and how to get to all the most important places.
EMTUSA is the municipal company that manages all the lines that connect all the points of the city.
The tourist bus connects nine of the most touristic points of Gijón. Get on and off as many times as you want.