Parking in Gijón can be complicated if you don't know the city. We teach you tricks and areas where it will be easier for you to park... and for FREE!
Where to park in Gijón for free?
Gijón is a very nice city to walk around and it is relatively small. Thanks to this, leave the car outside the ORA zone (Parking Management and Regulation) is a very good option and, in addition, free. But if walking is not your thing, we show you the car parks closest to the center and the points of interest.
Free parking near the center
Near the West Beach have two small parking lots located in the Jose Manuel Palacio Avenue (formerly Juan Carlos I Avenue). In addition, the entire street in the central direction is free of ORA, although it is not very easy to find a space. at the beginning of the Portugal avenue and therefore, somewhat further from the center, is a larger open-air car park and normally with enough free places. If the destination is the center and old town, these would be the best places to park for free in Gijón.
Other free parking area It is the eastern part of the city. The surroundings of Molinon Stadium (on days when there is no game) and behind the Sports Palace of the Guide (except on Sundays) they are areas with a lot of free parking. The Torcuato Fernández Miranda Avenue and Paseo Dr. Fleming they are also ORA free zones. If your accommodation is in this area or in the Arena neighborhood, this would be the best place to park for free.
Streets where you can park for free in Gijón
- Avenida Juan Carlos I in the center.
- Avenida de Portugal until the roundabout of Carlos Marx.
- Avenida del Llano and areas near the Los Fresnos Shopping Center.
- Cienfuegos Street and Sacred Field.
- Torcuato Fernández Miranda avenue and Ezcurdia street.
- Paseo Dr. Fleming, Avenida de José García Bernardo and Carretera de la Providencia (around the Hotel Begoña Park).
Free parking outside
Farther from the center we have several options:
- In it La Calzada neighborhood, stuck to the Arbeyal beach, we found a free parking and area for caravans.
- In front of La Tejerona Sports Pavilion There is another large area to leave the car without paying.
- In the area of corner there is another car park, quite crowded in summer, where many caravans.
- Finally, in the Higher School of Civil Navy there is a large esplanade that is used as parking for the Gijón International Trade Fair (there are free shuttle buses) and on days when there is a match at the El Molinón Stadium.
paid car parks
Depending on the date you go to the city, private car parks tend to have very high occupancies. It is best to book to avoid running out of space and you will also always get a better price.
The closest car parks to the center are those in the 6 de Agosto and Europa squares. From the following banner you can see prices, compare and book your favorite.
long stay parking
In what was formerly the School of Experts, an outdoor long-stay car park has been installed. It offers much lower prices than the nearby ones, but it does not have security.
Access to the Cimadevilla neighborhood
Access to the old town of Cimadevilla is restricted from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. the following day for any vehicle without accreditation.
Pay the ORA with your mobile
Since the implementation of the new parking meters it is possible to pay from the ElParking application, so you won't have to go back to the car every time you have to renew the ticket.
From Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
We show you how to get around Gijón by car, where to park for free and how to get to all the most important places.
EMTUSA is the municipal company that manages all the lines that connect all the points of the city.
The tourist bus connects nine of the most touristic points of Gijón. Get on and off as many times as you want.